Location and Method
of Anthropometric Surveys for Garment
GB/T 16160 - 2008
Location and Method of Anthropometric Surveys for Garment
has been approved by the General Administration of Quality
Supervision, Inspection and Quarantine of the People's
Republic of China and the Standardization Administration
of the People's Republic of China. The standard was
in effect from December 1, 2008, and defines the location
and method of anthropometric surveys for garments, which
are applicable to all kinds of clothes and accessories.
However, not all body dimensions defined by the standard
are necessary in body measurement and clothes production.
With the reference to ISO 8559-1989 Garment Construction
and Anthropometric Surveys - Body Dimensions, the updated
version replaces GB/T16160-1996 Location and Method
of Anthropometric Surveys for Garment.
Compared with GB/T16160-1996, the standard mainly has
the following changes:
1. The Chinese name of the standard is changed for clearer
2. Anthropometric procedure is added;
3. 31 anthropometric survey items and the methods are
4. Some survey items in the previous standard are renamed
which involve bust width, cervical to knee hollow, 7th
cervical to wrist length and so on;
5. The parts of cervical to knee (linear measurement),
cervical height (linear measurement) and arm length
(linear measurement) are moved to Annex A. The name
of cervical to knee hollow (linear measurement) is changed
to cervical to knee.
6. Some survey items which were only applicable to women's
measurements in the previous standard such as back waist
length, front waist length and shoulder neck point to
bust point are now applicable to both male and female
7. Anthropometric survey for infant body length is added;
8. Referential Annex A "Related Location and Method
of Anthropometric Surveys" is added;
9. Referential Annex B "Anthropometric Survey Point
Terminology" is added.
For more information about product safety, you may ask Intertek expert by filling in this enquiry form.