The European Union/Hong Kong and the Hong Kong/European Union Business Cooperation Committees were established in Brussels and Hong Kong, respectively, in July 1997. With strong support from the European Commission and the Government of Hong Kong Special Administrative Region, the Committees serve as channels for dialogue on increasing bilateral trade, investment and economic cooperation between the European Union and Hong Kong.
Working together, the Committees will seek to:
- Foster understanding and cooperation between the business communities of the two territories by developing business ties and organising business conferences and other promotional events;
- Promote and expand trade, investment and other areas of economic cooperation between the two territories;
- Exchange first-hand information that may affect the economic activities of the two territories;
- Submit representations respectively to the HKSARG as well as the European Commission and its member states, when considered desirable by the Committees; and
- Help maintain a positive environment for trade and investment.