FILMART 2015 CLOSED WITH
A RECORD-BREAKING SUCCESS
||Hong Kong International Film & TV Market (FILMART) has grown bigger and better over the years and became the Asia's largest market of its kind. The 19th edition of the fair has proven to be a record-breaking success, well reflected through the very promising exhibitors and visitors figures.
We were delighted to welcome more than 780 exhibitors from 34 countries and regions this year, together with more than 7,100 visitors from over 50 countries and regions (+6%) attending the event.
|FILMART continues to blossom with a strong international flavour. A substantial number of international renowned industry players returned in this year's event once again.
Various regional pavilions returned to FILMART - including Canada, Chinese mainland, EU, France, India, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Philippines, Russia, Singapore, Taiwan, United Kingdom, United States, Vietnam and more. We also welcomed a new group pavilion from Guangdong this year.
The 20th Edition of FILMART will be held on 14-17 March 2016. Save the date and celebrate with us!
Tech and Trade Talk in the Spotlight at FILMART
HONG KONG PAVILION AT CANNES
||Hong Kong Trade Development Council (HKTDC) will again organise the Hong Kong Pavilion at the upcoming Marché du Film from 13-22 May 2015, concurrently with the 68th edition of Festival de Cannes. Marché du Film is an important international film market for the Hong Kong film and entertainment industry players to exhibit their outstanding projects.
|Hong Kong will have its own business support centre set-up at the International Village. Free communication tools and meeting areas will be available for participants from Hong Kong, accompanied overseas guests and Hong Kong – Asia Film Financing Forum (HAF) filmmakers.
For more info, please visit info.hktdc.com/hkfilmart-cannes
The 13th HAF Concluded with Success
The 13th Hong Kong - Asia Film Financing Forum came to the end with the 13th HAF Awards Presentation Ceremony held at the HKCEC on 25 March 2015. Over the past three days many were impressed by the energy of Asian filmmaking and its great potential for growth. HAF would like to extend the warmest welcome to the honorable guests, HAF sponsors, supporters and partners, HAF participants and media friends. For the 13th consecutive year, people from the film industry gather here to connect with the talented filmmakers from around Asia, and together help turning a project on paper into a movie on screen.
The 13th HAF awards were selected from 30 project finalists, chosen from 300 submissions from 43 different countries and regions. The selection comprised 25 feature film projects and 5 documentary projects. The 13th HAF Awards presented a total of 13 awards, amounting to approximately HK$1,133,000 (equivalent to approximately US$146,200) in cash and value in-kind.
Complete List of Award Winners:
- HAF Award (Hong Kong Project): Lazy Hazy Crazy by LUK Yee-sum (Hong Kong)
- HAF Award (non-Hong Kong Project): That Summer by ZHOU Quan (China)
- iQIYI’s Special Award: Lazy Hazy Crazy by LUK Yee-sum (Hong Kong)
- HAF/Fox Chinese Film Development Award: My Beauty Queen Mom by YU Sen-I (Taiwan)
- HAF Script Development Fund: Mr. Donkey by Shen ZHOU & Lu LIU (China)
- Fushan Documentary Award: The Memory of Okinawa (working title) by HARA Kazuo (Japan)
- Wouter Barendrecht Award: Wolf and Sheep by Shahrbanoo SADAT (Denmark, Afghanistan)
- Paris Coproduction Village Award: The Man from the Sea by FUKADA Koji (Japan)
- Network of Asian Fantastic Films Award: Lost in Border by HO Hong (Hong Kong)
- G2D Post Production Awards: Time Capsule by TAN Pin Pin (Singapore) and A Jade Journey by Teddy SOERIAATMADJA (Indonesia)
- White Light Post-Production Award: The Foolish Bird by HUANG Ji (China)
- MONEFF Award: Pontianak by Glen GOEI (Singapore, Malaysia)
HAF 2016 will be held at Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre during 14-16 March 2016. Get ready and seize the chance to introduce your great ideas!
Check out more eventful pictures of the 3-day forum on our Facebook Fan Page and Weibo.
For previous newsletters, please visit here.