|Missed the early bird deadline?
Here’s the FINAL CALL! Discount Period extended to 7 March!
To access on to the region’s most diversified cross-media entertainment market, get your pass today. ACT NOW when discount still lasts!
(Register on or before 7 March 2016):
|US$70 / HK$550
(Register after 7 March 2016):
|US$305 / HK$2,375
To explore business opportunities in the lucrative Chinese and Asian market and meet with key entertainment players, FILMART is your must-attend market! You can now view the real-time exhibitor list of FILMART to see whom you will meet!
Over 400 screenings (with about 50 World/ International Premieres), around 60 special events including conferences, press conference and networking events will be held at the coming FILMART.
More details at www.hktdc.com/hkfilmart.
For a complete rundown of speakers and conference programmes, please visit www.hktdc.com/hkfilmart.
COUNTDOWN TO ENTERTAINMENT EXPO HONG KONG 2016
||The 12th Entertainment Expo Hong Kong will be held on 14 March – 4 April 2016. It will again be a global mix of film, TV, digital entertainment and music events, attracting the very best of international film stars, directors and industry professionals to Hong Kong while showcasing the leading lights of the Hong Kong entertainment industry to the world.
This year’s Entertainment Expo will encompass 10 leading entertainment events, including the 3 founding events: Hong Kong International Film & TV Market (FILMART), Hong Kong International Film Festival (HKIFF) and Hong Kong Film Awards Presentation Ceremony; 7 core events: Hong Kong-Asia Film Financing Forum (HAF), Hong Kong Asian-Pop Music Festival (HKAMF), IFPI Hong Kong Top Sales Music Award, ifva, The 9th Asian VFX and Digital Cinema Summit, Digital Entertainment Summit and TV World International Forum.
HONG KONG PRESENCE AT EUROPEAN FILM MARKET 2016
||Hong Kong Trade Development Council (HKTDC) set up a promotional booth at MGB at the European Film Market 2016 (EFM), running from 11-19 February, highlighting the latest Hong Kong films.
Moreover, 4 Hong Kong companies exhibited at EFM on promoting their exciting projects and 5 market screenings were held at EFM this year.
Five Hong Kong projects shortlisted at HAF 2016
The 14th Hong Kong - Asia Film Financing Forum (HAF) has selected five Hong Kong feature films encouragingly. They include:
- The award-winning director Adam WONG, after the success of She Remembers, He Forgets (HAF 2011), returns to HAF with his new project Trains in the Night.
- Amos WHY, who made his directorial debut Dot 2 Dot, joins this year’s HAF with the adaptation of an award-winning novel into the suspense feature Napping Kid.
- Local talents Kenneth LAI and Paul SZE will work with renowned actor and producer TIN Kai-man for a thriller Hypnotize the Jury.
- Scriptwriter Anthony YAN Pak Wing is joining forces with Hang CHIU, lead singer of local band ToNick, to tell a story of faithfulness and relationships in their comedy Vampire Diary, which will be produced by acclaimed actor HA Yu and Mani MAN.
- Best New Director of the 31st Hong Kong Film Award, Jessey TSANG Tsui Shan, follows the success of her latest documentary Flowing Stories (HAF 2012), with the erotic feature The Lady Improper.
The 14th HAF will be held from 14 to 16 March at Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre. Film financiers, investors and participants can register and schedule appointments with all film projects at http://www.haf.org.hk/guest.php. The deadline for guest registration will be on 9 March, 2016.
From left to right (Adam WONG, Amos WHY, Kenneth LAI and Paul SZE)
From left to right (Anthony YAN Pak Wing, Hang CHIU and Jessey TSANG Tsui Shan)